Category: kqluughq

first_imgMohan Jahabadeen, a 53-year-old resident of Herstelling, East Bank of Demerara, was on Wednesday brought before the court of Magistrate Fabayo Azore, to face charges which alleged he tricked a business partner into purchasing lands in Essequibo. Details of the case state that on July 9, 2017, at Herstelling, Jahabadeen fraudulently obtained $4 million from Virtual Complainant (VC) Roopchand Maraj under the pretence that he was in a position to sell 11.5 acres of rice land in Leguan, Essequibo River.The father of two pleaded not guilty to the offence and was granted bail in the sum of $150,000 after the Prosecutor did not object to bail being granted.This case will be called for continuation on November 22 before the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Meanwhile, a 40-year-old man of Wales, West Bank Demerara, was ordered to pay a fine of $25,000 or serve a default of three months in prison after he pleaded guilty to a fraud charge.Sunil Persaud is accused of making and signing a false statement, purporting that he was “Ronald Persaud”, for the purpose of securing a Guyanese passport on February 1, 2016, at the Central Immigration and Passport Office in Georgetown.According to the prosecution’s case, the defendant was at the time the holder of a Republic of Guyana Passport which became damaged. Police Prosecutor Simone Payne related that the accused visited the passport office and sought to ‘fix’ his travel document but became discouraged when he was told that the process would take three months. The impatient defendant subsequently borrowed a birth certificate in favour of Ronald Persaud and used same to apply for a new passport which was successfully issued to him shortly hereafter.It would not be long before the authorities caught up with him and he was arrested and charged with the present offence.last_img read more

Read more

first_img Arturo Vidal 1 Rumours suggest that Arsenal are in line to make a sensational move for Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal this summer.A journalist from Chilean broadcasters, DirectTV, claims that Vidal will sign for thenorth London club, after the Copa America in July, as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his squad ahead of next season.And Arsenal fans have taken to Twitter to express their excitement and concern, if the move was to take place.See the reaction belowlast_img

Read more

first_img*DISCLAIMER: Like Arsenal winning the Champions League, these subtitles are entirely fictional.Radamel Falcao is on his way to Chelsea Football Club and we have scooped everyone with the first officially made up interview with the new Blues striker.Seated alongside his new (and old) strike partner, Diego Costa, Falcao gives his thoughts on how he plans to take the Spaniard/Brazilian’s place in the team when Costa gets sent off.Meanwhile, Costa likens Falcao to a fat Michael Jackson and chats up a lady in the audience.Unbelievable!last_img

Read more

first_imgAZ Alkmaar technical director Max Huiberts has rubbished claims that Tottenham overpaid for Vincent Janssen.The striker moved to White Hart Lane from the Dutch side in the summer for an initial transfer fee of £17m.So far, the 22-year-old has failed to live up to that price tag and he has just one goal for his new club.But despite his sticky start, Huiberts does not believe that Tottenham blundered by paying a such a big fee for Janssen and has backed him to come good in England.“It was said that it was ridiculous that we asked for more than £10m for Vincent because he plays for AZ. But then I think, why?” Huiberts told club magazine AZ Spreekt.“He is the top scorer in the Netherlands and the number one striker for the Oranje. Vincent had already reached the top in the Eredivisie.“I am sure that he will adapt quickly to the level of the Premier League.” Vincent Janssen in action for Tottenham 1last_img read more

Read more

first_img 11 11 11 11 33. Petr Cech (goalkeeper) 11. Mesut Ozil (inside right) 9. Alexandre Lacazette (centre forward) 11 10. Jack Wilshere (centre midfield) On Friday night the Christmas period kicks off with a blockbuster as Arsenal host Liverpool in the Premier League.Victory over Newcastle United on Saturday ended the Gunners’ three-game winless run in the top-flight, but the Reds and their fearsome front four will be a huge test at the Emirates.Heading into the fixture frenzy that is the festive period, though, Arsene Wenger must do without Olivier Giroud, who injured his hamstring against West Ham, along with Aaron Ramsey and Santi Cazorla.But, in a boost to the French boss, Shkodran Mustafi could return and Francis Coquelin should be in contention, despite picking up a knock on Tuesday night.So, who could start on Friday night? Click the right arrow, above, to see talkSPORT’s predicted Arsenal XI… 20. Shkodran Mustafi (centre-back) 18. Nacho Monreal (centre-back) 11 29. Granit Xhaka (central midfield) 11 11 6. Laurent Koscielny (centre-back) – click the right arrow to see the rest of the predicted Arsenal line-up 24. Hector Bellerin (right wing-back) 11 11 7. Alexis Sanchez (inside left) 11 29. Granit Xhaka (central midfield) last_img read more

Read more

first_imgArsenal have yet to officially confirm the deal for Aubameyang but it appears now certain he will arrive at the Emirates.He was at the Gunners’ training ground on Tuesday to thrash out terms after Dortmund accepted a bid of around £60million from the Premier League club. Arsenal’s media team appear to have unwittingly confirmed the signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.A video of an interview with Arsene Wenger speaking of his delight at the deal was posted on the club’s official website overnight before quickly being taken down.In the clip [below], an interviewer asks Wenger: “Aubameyang is an Arsenal player, you must be delighted to get the deal done?”The Frenchman, speaking after his side’s 3-1 defeat at Swansea, then responded: “Yes, it’s good news.“We need people who can give us more offensive power. We aren’t efficient enough going forward. I’m convinced he will bring us that.“He has a big challenge in front of him, he wants to win the Premier League.” 1 Umm… #Arsenal have posted the wrong video on their website and accidentally confirmed the #Aubameyang signing… #AFC pic.twitter.com/WqUiB6jwZL— Tom (@TomCIarke) January 31, 2018 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang last_img read more

Read more

first_imgMotherwell have accused Celtic fans of vandalising Fir Park during their Scottish Premiership clash on Wednesday evening.In a statement the club say they are investigating the travelling support for breaking more than 200 seats in the away end, damaging toilets and graffitiing the South Stand.They have also confirmed they have contacted the Scottish FA over the standard of refereeing in their last two clashes with Brendan Rodgers’ side.Motherwell conceded a controversial penalty in each of their meetings this week, firstly to Scott Sinclair in the League Cup final on Sunday and then Callum McGregor in Wednesday’s Scottish Premiership clash. Motherwell say they will take appropriate action against any individual that is found to have acted unacceptably.Focusing on all three subject matters, the club have stated: “Whilst everyone in football accepts match officials have a challenging role, and getting everything correct is almost impossible, it is disappointing to see high profile decisions affect both Wednesday night’s match and the League Cup final in the way they have.“To that end, we have made contact with the Scottish FA’s Head of Refereeing to express our views and seek feedback. “In addition, the board would like to thank our fans for yet another strong turnout and for their backing of the team. Our average attendances are up almost 30% this season as Stephen Robinson and his squad continue to capture the imagination. “However, we also note the comments of the Celtic captain today. As we do at every match at Fir Park, if any incidents are reported to us, we will fully investigate them. Should any evidence exist, we will take appropriate action against any individuals who have acted unacceptably. “In addition, we will work with Celtic Football Club to fully investigate, amongst other things, the numerous acts of vandalism, including 206 broken seats, damaged toilets and graffiti in the South Stand.” In addition, they have noted Scott Brown’s complaints that home fans threw objects at the Celtic players and say they are investigating his claims.The Celtic captain accused rival supporters of throwing coins at his side on a weekly basis and said it happened again at Fir Park on Wednesday.Despite the headlines focusing on the controversial late penalty that salvaged a share of the points for Celtic, Brown said there were more pressing issues to address.Speaking on Wednesday afternoon he said: “You take a corner and you have to look over your shoulder to see what’s coming. Eventually someone will get hit in the head with a coin but until that happens probably nothing will be done about it.”last_img read more

Read more

first_img But the former Trinidad & Tobago striker has his fingers crossed the New Douglas Park prospects can make the most of their chance to shine.“It’s great for the club,” he said. “I think it’s history in the making.“Hopefully, we can go and do well. It will be a great experience for me as a coach, a great experience for the club, to play for the first time in the Youth League.“It will be tough but hopefully the boys can give a good account of themselves.” Hamilton’s youngsters will make history on Wednesday when they face Basel in UEFA Youth League action.The first leg in Switzerland against a much-fancied Basel outfit will be Accies first ever European fixture. It’s a reward for the Lanarkshire side’s latest crop of talents storming to the Under 17 Elite Performance title last season.Youth coach Jason Scotland knows his side face a real challenge mixing it with the big guns of Europe for the first time. Talented teenage midfielder Charlie Reilly is aiming to do the club proud in what is the biggest game of his career to date.He said: “It’s going to be the biggest moment, probably for most of our careers.“To make the club proud, that’s what we’re wanting to do.Winger Lewis Smith, 18, added: “It’s a really proud moment. Obviously, growing up, you don’t expect Hamilton to be in Europe.“But the boys have done amazing to get there and hopefully we can do our best and compete in a great competition.”last_img read more

Read more

first_imgBy Paul LeckerSports ReporterMARSHFIELD — Marshfield scored three goals a seven-minute stretch during a wild third period and held off Tomahawk 5-4 in a nonconference boys hockey game Thursday night at the Marshfield Youth Ice Arena.The game was tied 2-2 before the Tigers went on a scoring spree.Scotty Berg and Jacob Draves scored a minute apart, and after a goal by Tomahawk, Jarod Rachu scored five minutes later to put the Tigers on top 5-3.Jakob Panzer scored for Tomahawk with 2:02 remaining, but the Tigers were able to hold on and improve their season record to 6-11. Tomahawk is now 3-13.Klaus Friedl and Zach Leggon had goals in the first period to put Marshfield up 2-0 before the Hatchets rallied to tie it heading into the third.Chris Sanford had 23 saves in goal for Marshfield.The Tigers play another nonconference game at Rhinelander on Friday.(Hub City Times Sports Reporter Paul Lecker is also the publisher of MarshfieldAreaSports.com.)Tigers 5, Hatchets 4Tomahawk 1 1 2 – 4Marshfield 2 0 3 – 5First period: 1. M, Klaus Friedl (Ben Bremer), 6:47; 2. M, Zach Leggon, 11:40; 3. T, Alex Ungerer (Steven Renn), 13:25.Second period: 4. T, Renn (Nick Osero), 2:33.Third period: 5. M, Scotty Berg, 5:14; 6. M, Jacob Draves, 6:35; 7. T, Renn (Ungerer), 7:19; 8. M, Jarod Rachu (Zack Schmidt), 12:17; 9. T, Jakob Panzer (Ungerer), 14:58.Saves: T, Dan Hanke 31; M, Chris Sanford 23.Records: Tomahawk 3-13; Marshfield 6-11.last_img read more

Read more

first_imgTRENTON, NJ… Linda Doherty, President of the New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), cheered the success of the Northeast Regional Conference on Loss Prevention yesterday at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, NJ. The NJFC partnered with the New Jersey Retail Merchants Association (NJRMA) , the Delaware Food Industry Council, the Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association and the Food Industry Alliance of New York State for the Conference which featured Director of the NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness Christopher Rodriguez as well as a Digital Disaster Workshop led by Ronald Plesco of KPMG.Director Rodriguez shared his vision as the new Director of OHSP and extended his attention to members of the audience on numerous homeland security issues during a collaborative question and answer session.  Mr. Rodriguez also focused on the importance of tackling the growing threat of cyber-crime and the expertise his new Cyber Security Advisor David Weinstein will bring to the fight.  Doherty said, “The retail industry of this country is currently under siege from online hackers with what seems like a system compromise occurring every other week.”Highlighting the cyber security discussion, Ronald Plesco presented a digital disaster workshop which focused on how the advancement of technology is fundamentally changing cyber warfare and the targets hackers prey upon.  Mr. Plesco provided real-life examples of instances where user identity and company security had been compromised through intrusions across a wide array of channels including cell phones, email accounts and wifi access points at public locations like hotels.  The workshop helped the security professionals in attendance build an understanding of the foundations and contingency plans they will need to put in place when their organization suffers a data breach.- Sponsor – At the event, James D’Arcy of the Great A&P Tea Company was honored with the joint NJFC and NJRMA Loss Prevention Professional Award for his outstanding contributions to the loss prevention industry as chair of the Loss Prevention Conference Planning Committee, Vice Chair of the NJFC Loss Prevention Committee and for creating the NJFC Loss Prevention Scholarship Program. Loretta Taylor and Michael Salvatore of the New Jersey Office of Homeland and Security and Preparedness received the Retail Law Enforcement Achievement Award for their dedication and exemplary performance and outreach efforts on projects with the NJ retail community.The conference also featured an introduction of the new NY/NJ Organized Retail Crime Alliance (ORCA) by Lieutenant Mike Gaudio of the NYPD, an investigation of a recent coupon fraud case highlighting the need for cooperation between retailers and law enforcement by PA State Police Corporal David Coyne, and a look into civil liability from Martin Sisselman, Partner of the law offices Sisselmam & Schwartz.During the lunch reception, NJFC announced the four recipients of this year’s Loss Prevention Scholarship Program, a program that was instituted last year as the first in the country to fund continuing education for NJFC loss prevention associates through the Loss Prevention Foundation.  Scholarships were presented to Joe Russa of Cuellar Shoprite, Nicholas Colalilo of Wegmans Food Markets, Justin Gantz of Zallie Supermarkets, and Enoch Okezie of Ravitz Family Markets.  Scholarships were donated by Security Resources, Inc., Eastern Security Corporation, Agilence/Corrective Education Company, and Cambridge Security Services.The New Jersey Food Council represents 1,200 retail food stores, wholesalers, manufacturing and service companies that collectively employ more than 200,000 associates in NJ. Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox.  Sign up nowlast_img read more

Read more